LoadGen Cloud Dashboards offer valuable insights into the performance and monitoring of your applications. When accessing your LoadGen End-to-End Monitoring Cloud environment, you will be presented with your default dashboard. The dashboard overview provides convenient options on the top right, such as showing the side panel for creating and editing dashboards, managing dashboard settings, and selecting previously created dashboards.
In the dashboard settings menu, you have the flexibility to customize your charts by choosing the default chart, renaming it, and setting the interval for chart refresh. Additionally, you can manage default parameters and delete selected charts as needed.
Creating a new dashboard is easy. Simply access the side panel, choose the main dashboard menu or add items to your dashboard, and click "New...". Enter a dashboard name, select the LoadGen Cloud data source, and your new dashboard is ready to use.
For in-depth analysis, querying, and filtering of LoadGen data, refer to our article on the LoadGen data model and querying and filtering LoadGen data. You can open a dashboard either by selecting it from the top menu or by using the side panel. LoadGen Cloud data source is automatically generated for you when creating a new dashboard, offering seamless data access for your monitoring needs.
- Create dashboard: Click on this button to start the process of creating a new dashboard.
- Show side panel: This button allows you to access the side panel of the dashboard component, enabling you to edit existing ones.
- Dashboard Settings: By clicking on this button, you can view all of your created dashboards. Additionally, you can set your default dashboard and remove any existing dashboards as needed.
- Select dashboard: Use this button to easily choose and access one of your previously created dashboards.
When creating a new dashboard, you have the option to customize it to your specific needs.
- Name: This is a required field where you need to provide a name for the dashboard you are creating.
- Refresh time in seconds: This option allows you to set the time interval (in seconds) after which the dashboard will automatically refresh with updated data.
- Default: This option indicates that the dashboard you are creating will be set as the default dashboard, which means it will be the initial dashboard displayed when you log in to your LoadGen End-to-End Monitoring Cloud environment.
- Master: The "Master" option enables you to create a master dashboard, which serves as a centralized template or control panel. The master dashboard is designed to be visually customized, and any changes made to it will automatically reflect on all linked child dashboards. It allows you to define the layout and visualizations that will be shared across all the associated child dashboards.
- Child: The "Child" option allows you to create child dashboards that are linked to a master dashboard. Child dashboards inherit the layout and visualizations from the master dashboard, but they can have their own specific queries to display distinct information. This flexibility allows you to present specific data to end-users based on the query settings. Child dashboards provide a way to filter and display relevant information, while still benefiting from the changes made to the master dashboard.
- Select master dashboard: This option appears when creating a child dashboard and allows you to choose the master dashboard to which it will be linked.
Dashboard Side panel - configuration menu
Create new dashboard
- You can create a new dashboard, by clicking the top menu item: Show side panel. This will bring up the side panel, here you can choose the main dashboard menu or add items to your dashboard.
- Now click the New... menu item.
- Enter a dashboard name, choose the LoadGen Cloud data source, and click Create.
LoadGen Cloud data source
The LoadGen Cloud data source is automatically created for you when creating a new dashboard. Take a look at this article for an explanation of our data model.
Querying and filtering LoadGen data
Please read our article about querying and filtering LoadGen data.
- Your new dashboard is created.
- Now add a dashboard item to your dashboard, read more about adding dashboard items in this article.
Open a dashboard
- By clicking the top menu item: Select Dashboard
- By clicking the top menu item: Show side panel. This will bring up the side panel, here you can choose the Open... menu item.
- Choose the Default chart.
- Rename the chart, by pressing the icon, press the after changing the name of the chart.
- Choose the interval to refresh the chart (in seconds).
- Default Parameter: here you can choose how much data is loaded by default. Read more about specific queries in this article.
- Delete the selected chart.