Target Machine is not a member of an Active Directory Domain
This issue only effects machines that are not member of an Active Directory Domain
The issue: When trying to install LoadGen Agent or Add-In on a machine that is not in a member of an Active Directory Domain, you can successfully create a network connection, but you will receive an error which will be described at step 2: Finding Program Files folder did not succeed.
Solution: you need to add a key in your Registry editor of the target machines you want to install your LoadGen Agent or Add-in:
1 (to disable, 0 enables filtering)
Step by Step Guide to add key
- Open Registry Editor on the machine you want to be able to install the LoadGen Agent or Add-in
click the Start menu and type regedit, press Enter.
- This will open you Registry Editor.
- In the Registry Editor go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
- Click the System Key.
- In the right pane click with the right mouse button.
- Select: New > DWORD (32-bit) Value
- This will add the new REG_DWORD, rename it to LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy
- Double click the just created value and change the Value data to: 1
- Your new key should look like the image below.
- Now Restart the machine where you have created the new Value.
- After the restart you have completed this adjustment and you will be able to install the LoadGen Agent or Add-in on the remote machine.