You have finished the following tutorials:
Step 1: Choose your Target Environment
- Select Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops.
- Enter the name of your test below the question How do you want to call this test?
- Choose Next to continue.
Step 2: Add your Active Directory test users
- The next step is to add the test users that you will use during your test. You need to use existing users from Active Directory, find more information here.
- Click Add
Add one or multiple users
- You are able to add one or multiple users at once.
- Fill in the Username, Password, and NetBIOS Domain (for test users we advise you to have the same password for the complete series).
- Choose OK.
- After you have pressed OK you will see the Testusers tab page in the LoadGen Configurator, press Next.
Adding multiple consecutive users at once
When adding multiple consecutive users at once you can add a generating statement in the Username field, the below example explained:
The static part is LoadTest, the start index is 1, we will create 100 users and the number of digits we will use is 4.
Users LoadTest0001 to LoadTest0100 are added to your test (these users must exist in the Active Directory).
The maximum amount of test users that you can add depends on what license you have chosen (for the free trial you can add 5 users).
Step 3: Connect to your Citrix Environment
- In the Target Environment tab page, you need to define how you would like to connect to your Citrix environment. LoadGen provides you with three options read more about connecting to your Citrix environment in this article.
- Add the Citrix StoreFront server, find more information on how to find your Citrix StoreFront URL in this article.
Choose the Citrix Published Application to use in your test
- Press thebutton to create a connection to the Citrix environment and retrieve the resources available for the testuser selected in the Use this testuser to retrieve the Published Applications.
- In the Choose the StoreFront resource window, choose the Published Application to use in your test.
- If you have chosen your resource, choose OK.
- After you have pressed OK you will see the Target Environment tab page in the LoadGen Configurator, press Next.
Citrix advanced connection settings
- When you check Citrix's advanced settings you can change the settings of your Citrix session.
- The default session will be set up as 1024 x 768 with color depth High Color (16 bit).
Step 4: Useraction Flow (User simulation / Test script)
- In the Useraction Flow tab page, you can select which Useraction Flow to use in your test. Read more about the Useraction Flow in this article.
- You have two options, either use the example user simulation flow from LoadGen or use a blank user simulation flow (this option will guide you through the LoadGen Studio set up flow wizard, where you can create your personal Useraction flow, after completion of your configuration).
- We advise you to use the example user simulation flow from LoadGen.
- Choose Next.
Step 5: Launch the LoadGen Studio Cloud
- When you click on the Save configuration and open the LoadGen Studio Cloud button, the LoadGen Studio Cloud will open and you can start working on your user simulation!