In this article, we will explain how to combine the username from your session and a password from a Datasource.
.xls document with username and password uploaded (imported) to datasource
Actions from Toolbox implemented
Set up Variable for logged-in username
- Click on it to open the Variables wizard.
- Select Adjust the value of a variable and click on Next.
- Click on Add a new variable to add a new variable.
- Add a name to the variable, select Text, and click on OK.
- Select your created variable and click on Next.
- Click on Add an item... and select User name.
- You will now see User name in your item list.
- Select Next.
- Complete the wizard by clicking on Finish.
- You will have successfully added a variable to your script.
Set up Datasource to return the password linked to the Username
- In the Toolbox select
- A new window will open: Select a Datasource.
- Select the datasource that you want to use and click OK.
Datasources: import Datasheet in LoadGen Studio
To Import a .xls document read the following article.
- The Filter Editor will open with the data viewable in the result view.
- In Specify your filter here change SomeValue (by clicking on it).
- From the dropdown select the variable you've created.
- You will need to enter the expected value here, best practice is to type the first username.
- Click OK when completed.
- Drag Password from the right bottom box to Specify the Result, you should get the following situation (see image below).
- Click OK and you will have completed your set-up.
- If you run the block you will get the password of the logged-in user.