In this article, we describe the steps to install the LoadGen Cloud Studio.
Make sure you have set up your Profile in your LoadGen Cloud environment
The first step is to log in to your LoadGen Cloud tenant, follow the steps to login into this article. After you are logged in to the LoadGen Cloud, create the Profile as explained in this article.
Installation of the LoadGen Cloud Studio
- After you downloaded the LoadGen Studio installer, copy it to the appropriate machine.
- Start the LoadGen Studio installer by executing the LoadGenStudio.exe file.
- We will first check if there is a new version available for the LoadGen installer. Just press the Download & Install button to proceed with the installation process.
- The LoadGen Cloud Client Installer process is ready to start, press the Start Installation.
- Scroll down and press the I Accept to accept our EULA.
- Enter your LoadGen Cloud username and password to login into your LoadGen Cloud environment.
- Select the LoadGen Cloud Citrix or Microsoft Remote Desktop Add-In based on the Target Environment profile you created in your LoadGen Cloud environment, then press the Install button.
- Installation is complete.
Starting the LoadGen Cloud Studio for the first time
After the LoadGen Cloud Studio is installed you need to perform a couple of additional steps. This process will be optimized in the near future as we will release the LoadGen Marketplace soon. For now, follow the next steps:
- Start the LoadGen Cloud Studio
- The LoadGen Cloud Studio will start and ask for your LoadGen Cloud credentials.
- After logging in to the LoadGen Cloud Studio, choose your Target Environment. This makes sure you can connect to the correct environment.
- Now you will see the Select Flow (Workload) form. You can cancel this form, as this is just a placeholder, you now need to create a new Workload or upload our default End-to-End Workload (which you can download here).
- Choose either New (which will lead you through the new workload wizard) or Open (where you can upload an existing workload). We will proceed with opening a workload.
- After you downloaded the default LoadGen workload, choose the Open From Disk option.
- When the workload is opened, you can directly Publish the first version of it.
- Press the Publish, choose your earlier created placeholder workload (in the LoadGen Cloud Profile), or create a New simulation flow.
- Then choose to create a new version.
- Enter a description for this version and choose Upload.
- Now you are ready to customize your workload.